Thursday, March 1, 2018

Planning: Research Genre

Brain Storming!

So after some brainstorming I finally found out what I want to do! I've chosen to base my film opening under the thriller/horror genre. I chose to do this genre because I believe that thriller/horror movie openings are very important since they must keep the viewer on their feet with suspense. To make my film opening all the better, conducting some extensive research on the genre itself is almost essential to remaking it to the T.


Thriller/Horror Genre:

This genre attracts young adults and teens who are in that age where they want to experience new emotions and feelings. Horror movies give that thrill they are seeking for. Horror movies tend to cause a wide load of emotions from fear to panic. It may sound unenjoyable for some people but horror movies like The Conjuring bring over $100,000,000 in box office sales according to thenumbers.com. The horror genre has many different sub-genres like psychological horrorsurvival horror, paranormal and the list goes on and on. With such a wide spectrum, as a director I feel like I have the freedom to do just about anything with my film opening!! I'm excited!!!!!

My Inspiration

Even the poster creates the thrilling emotions!

Hush:

My inspiration to choose this genre was watching the intro to this movie. The movie is about a deaf writer who lives her life out in the woods to get away from the world. She encounters a man with a mask at her window, and well you can figure out the rest... The film opening made me feel all the emotions like suspense, anxiety, helplessness, and fear, The essential ingredients for a perfect horror movie.
















Mattmosey1 Follow. (2014, January 07). Horror Movie Target Audience. Retrieved March 01, 2018, from https://www.slideshare.net/mattmosey1/my-target-audiance



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY CCR