Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Teenage Representation

In my film opening, consisting only of teenagers I decided to research how teenagers are represented in the media. What I found wasn't so positive at all. Teenagers are represented to be lost, reckless, and even dumb. It's harsh, I know. Movies like Project X and Mean Girls are just prime examples of the extreme desire to be something you're not, which was a common pattern in my research for how teens are represented.

Technological advancements have led up to this idea. Social media platforms have influenced younger generations to conform to unrealistic expectations and therefore, try to become something they are not.That's not all, like Project X and Mean Girls, both movies showcase the rebelliousness. This shows that teens are represented to be extremely defiant.

I watched an amazing video that I believe was made by a college student. She really made a voice for the lack of positive publications for and about teenagers and spoke about the excessive negative publications and representations of teenagers and how they are unfair as the voices of teenagers themselves aren't being heard.




I feel like I've said this a million times throughout my blog posts but social media presence in my film opening is key. After reading how much social media actually affects teenagers and how social media has the potential to shape teenagers views, I have realized that the elements in my film opening are accurate and relevant. This in turn, creates something for my target audience to relate to: the strong connection with social media and the outcomes from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY CCR