Monday, March 19, 2018

With a Budget of $0...

As the filming days approach I decided to do some research on set design.

I looked into the set design for paranormal activity. It's more of just a regular house they decided to film in rather than actually a made up set. This is the reason why I decided to look into this movie. Anyone can walk into their house or a friends house and start filming. This was actually one of the reasons I chose to do a horror/ thriller movie. Most movies from this genre start with a low budget since the equipment, props, and setting, etc is so cheap.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/planet-money-on-why-horror-films-are-the-best-investmen-1725873427
Just look at these numbers!!

According to author Garry Hendrix, Horror movies are really having a golden age -- If you keep the budget low you cant take risks!

Most production companies see horror or thriller movies as an investment.

So how does this tie into my struggles as a student trying to create a film opening? Well, just that. I am a student writing, producing, directing and staring in my own film opening with a budget of zero dollars. Horror movies are the small risk I'm willing to take to make something big because I don't need much!!!!


Screen cap from the movie: Paranormal Activity 4!
As you can see here, this is just a normal home. Of course possible props were added but like i've said before I don't need to add much, if it all, anything. I have sat and thought of any possible set props I must need to buy or create, and I have not thought of anything for now.
I know this isn't the best idea, but as I approach the days I'll have this thought in the back of my head. But, If I really do find out the day of filming that I need a specific prop, I will go get it or go make it or anything. I know its a "wing it" moment but I feel thats the best for now.



 ðŸ’¡[FUN FACT] 💡
The house where the original Paranormal activity was filmed is on sale! Yes, they filmed in a real house not a fake set!
That's a lot of money...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY CCR