Monday, March 12, 2018

Discussing with my classmates!!!! New Inspirations!

So when I walked into class I was like "great... this is gonna suck, this won't help at all." Harsh right? I know... Little did I know, I was completely wrong.

Turns out It was very very very helpful. I was perplexed. I had this feeling like something isn't clicking right. I realize now that I haven't shown much of that in my blog posts. I feel like I was trying to mask the reality of me being completely and utterly lost with the main purpose: This is just a film opening. I had the wrong approach. I was going to film too much, let the viewer know too much.

My group members helped me come up with the best idea! Im in love with the idea! I can not wait. Seriously!

I never found myself to be a brutally honest person, and with that I was never really comfortable with taking criticism. I've always liked working with myself and only taking and considering my ideas. I've been missing out on something so essential and crucial to making a project so much better. What is it? Criticism. 

Not only did my group members help me better my film opening, but also make my blog posts better! I kind of forgot the freedom I have to put anything...

So after discussing my film opening, I actually changed a lot. My main goal for the first 30 to 45 seconds is to introduce the main character. Kind of like what the character Pee Wee does in the movie Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

Here is the first 4 minutes of the film. Pee Wee is a man with a high imagination and the first couple minutes show just that.

This film opening was one of my greatest inspirations since in a film opening introducing the main character is so important. Another inspiration of mine was Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It made me laugh so much and fall in love with the character. 




Both film opening are somewhat similar... They start at the beginning of the morning for each character and their morning "routine." The difference between the two is the different types of characters, and the fact that one is in first person and the other in third. The difference between the two is stronger than the similarities though. This goes to show the amount of freedom I have to create something unique for my project with these inspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY CCR