Wednesday, March 14, 2018

I changed my story board..

After consulting with my teacher and fellow classmates I got the clear idea that I needed to change my story board and ideas in general. Not completely changing my story line, but how I present and deliver the idea.

Storyboarding has been amazing and I already made a blog post about how much It truly helps. Honestly from imagining a shot in my head to then drawing it on a piece of paper is just so cool. It is like my idea has come to life. Imagining it in my head seems unreal but it's really not like that.

Before working in groups to discuss each other progress I made a new story board, only changing some shots. After consulting with my group members they advised me that I was showing too much, and adding to many scenes that were unnecessary

As you can see here, the orange X marks the spot where my group members and eventually I felt was unnecessary to the overall plot and also unnecessary considering the amount of time available.










Story boarding for me has been solely about camera shots, angles, and how the story will begin and finish. I have done some research about story boarding and after getting the perspective from many different people I learned that story boarding also consists of character development. Yes, I agree. But being that this is only the film opening that is also really unnecessary here.

In the video here, an illustrator talks about what a story board is and why is it important for any creator to make one. He said many things about character development which like I said isn't important for this specific project. But, he also talked about how story boarding assures that you know everything you need and that you have everything you need.

Although he is an animator and story boarding is almost essential for them, I read an article that stated:
kinda funny


These words were my main inspiration to create a story board


R. (2014, November 06). Video: An Inside Look at Storyboarding with the Coen Brothers' Storyboard Artist. Retrieved March 18, 2018, from https://nofilmschool.com/2013/08/storyboarding-with-coen-brothers-storyboard-artist






h





h

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY CCR